Fresh Start Tax & Accounting, LLC is seeking professional, hard-working, entry level accountants and licensed CPAs with at least four years of experience.
The Firm demands independence, integrity, objectivity, competence and due care from all of its personnel in the conduct of its engagements. Our Firm is structured to provide leadership in achieving high quality professional performance while maintaining the concept of individual responsibility. Policies and procedures have been established providing assurance that professional engagements are properly planned and executed. Decisions are based on the substance of issues, not on form.
Our policies and procedures designate Partners of the Firm for consultation on significant ethical, technical and industry questions. The policies and procedures are designed to assure that clients receive the best professional services we can provide. We continually keep in mind the public interest. We expect our Partners and Associates to identify and resolve all important engagement issues.
The job requires high level tax preparation skills, superior tax research and problem solving abilities, broad software knowledge, and excellent written and oral communication skills. We have a team approach to provide high quality client service for tax compliance, planning, financial statements, and general business consulting.
Email resume and references to WeLoveNumbers@FreshStartCPA.com.
Full Charge Bookkeper
If you feel you qualify for this position, please apply with a cover letter, resume and why you would be a good fit for the office. If you do not have all three documents, please do not apply. Send all documents and introduce yourself.
We are an Accounting firm located in Towson, MD looking for a motivated Bookkeeper/Tax Preparer to join our team. With an emphasis on customer service, this firm provides personalized tax planning and preparation for individuals and small businesses, as well as accounting and compilations for small businesses. We have been in business since 2012 and have had good growth and now need more team members to help with the growth.
You will provide small business clients with exceptional customer service through accounting and administrative duties such as accounts payable, accounts receivables, post and maintain records of financial transactions including payroll and other journal entries, reconciliation of general ledger accounts, generating reports, preparing monthly financial statements, and performing other office duties as necessary. You will interview personal tax return clients, gather information, complete data entry, communicate unusual items or special circumstances to clients with clarity, and review the data entry of tax prep support staff. It is important to keep client communication routed to the correct person and distractions off the CPA’s and owner’s plate.
You will report directly to the Office Manager to help organize work flow, verify accuracy of work, prepare financial statements monthly and tax returns at the end of the year for individual and small business clients.
You will assist with walk-in clients seeking personal tax return preparation throughout the year.
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
• Enter data, maintain an orderly record system by filing accounting documents and financial statements
• Collect and analyze account information and trends to prepare financial reports such as job-cost reports, sales reports, balance sheets, income statements, cash-flow statements and statements of owner's equity
• Review the data entry of tax prep support staff and complete tax returns for delivery to the client
• Comply with federal, state, and local legal reporting requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; and advising management on needed actions
• Conduct data entry of accounts receivable invoices and prepare bank deposits
• Code and enter vendor and expense invoices
• Ensure that the correct general ledger accounts are debited or credited accordingly and verify that general ledger accounts are in balance each month
• Process client timesheets, and run / issue payroll checks
• Track customer and client billing and process monthly bill payments
• Track and reconcile monthly bank statements, petty cash accounts and credit card statements
• Make any necessary adjusting journal entries to correct discrepancies
• Report significant issues to CPA
• Provide clerical and administrative support to Office Manager as requested
• Experience- Knowledgeable about core job responsibilities surrounding bookkeeping and up-to-date knowledge of tax law.
• Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Plans for additional resources. Sets goals and objectives.
• Analytical/Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems efficiently. Gathers and analyzes information. Develop a solution.
Positive use of reasoning skills.
• Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively. Listens and gets clarification when necessary.
Responds informatively to questions. Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and concisely. Edits work for spelling and grammar. Presents numerical data effectively. Able to read and interpret written information.
• Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
Includes appropriate people in decision-making process. Makes timely decisions.
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Able to handle frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget. Develops and implements cost saving measures.
Conserves company resources.
• Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues developmental opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Shares expertise with others.
• Professionalism – Approaches others in a polite and tactful manner.
Maintains composure and reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration. Accepts responsibility for own actions.
Follows through on commitments.
The minimum education requirement is a high school diploma but an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a field such as Accounting or Business is preferred.
Minimum of Three Years Related Experience Required Must be able to analyze financial information, deal with complexity, and effectively report research results.
Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records Also, must have strong data entry skills with a knack for numbers, attention to detail, and demonstrate confidentiality and thoroughness.
Must be familiar with QuickBooks and able to work alone and with sensitive information.
Run errands as needed.
Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- $41,600- $75,000
- Bookkeeping: 3 year (Required)
- Associate (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job
- Job Type: Full-time
IS THIS YOU?
Do you have a knack for numbers? Do you love helping people achieve their goals? Do you get a thrill out of resolving problems? Do you love analyzing and interpreting financial statements for small business owners? Do you review every tax return you prepare as if it were your own? Do you have an exceptional level of attention to detail? Are you thorough in your work? Can you accurately and ethically manage financial transactions?
Then you might be our dream team member. We're looking for someone that loves accounting and people and is able to charm and support our clients and help move our clients closer to their financial goals. We promise it is never dull and you will get to build lasting relationships across various industries. If this sounds like you, then please apply!
Responsibilities for Tax Accountant
- Compile Monthly/Quarterly Financial Statements for our small business clients in order to perform quarterly/yearly tax projections.
- Facilitate, manage and complete the preparation and review of tax returns and the accurate, timely filing of all tax forms.
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of federal, state and local income tax returns and other business related filings.
- Analyze and interpret financial statements to clients to help them make better decisions for the future of their business.
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Develop and implement strategic tax planning for all necessary federal and state taxes.
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Manage and facilitate IRS/State income tax audits: preparing responses, creating schedules, etc.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- Manage and mentor members of tax team to greater levels of effectiveness and engagement.
Qualifications for Tax Accountant
- Ability to Analyze Financial Statements for reasonableness, trends, KPIs, statistics, and unusual variations Extensive individual/corporate/partnership tax knowledge Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance and procedures for corporations.
- Familiarity with U.S. federal, state and local reporting requirements.
- Strong experience with a variety of tax operations and ability to drive process improvements.
- Strong ability to utilize project management and accounting best practices to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with stakeholders and communicate the benefits of tax initiatives.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a tax manager or public accountant role and at least 2 years of experience in a management role. Preferred candidates have a current CPA license and a master’s degree in an accounting discipline. The Tax Manager must be proficient with the following software/tools: Strong skills and experience with Word, Outlook, Excel, QuickBooks.
Familiarity with Proseries, Accounting Power.
- Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K, Life Insurance, *Tuition Reimbursement
- $75,000- $100,000
- 2 years (preferred)